As tradition demands it, time has come to make 2023’s resolutions. Last year, we shared ambitious resolutions that required actual work to be implemented.
This year, I am going for something different: I’ll share with you the 10 resolutions I made. Ten simple and pragmatic resolutions that I’d like to read again at the end of each month to ensure I’m adopting the right posture and practices with my team.
Here’s the list:
- Communicate openly and regularly with my team. Make sure to share updates, ideas, and any concerns I have in a timely and transparent manner.
- Set clear goals and expectations for my team. Make sure everyone understands what is expected of them and how their work fits into the larger objectives of the team.
- Foster a positive and supportive team culture. Encourage collaboration, open communication, and mutual respect among team members.
- Encourage teamwork. Encourage team members to support and help each other, and recognize the value of each individual's contribution to the team.
- Encourage open and honest feedback. Encourage team members to give and receive feedback in a constructive and respectful way. Apply the same to myself.
- Be flexible and adaptable. Be open to change and new ideas, and be willing to adjust my plans and strategies as needed.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities effectively. Trust my team members and give them the autonomy they need to complete their work.
- Encourage continuous learning and development. Help team members set goals for their own development and provide opportunities for them to learn new skills and knowledge.
- Foster a sense of accountability. Make sure team members are held responsible for their work and follow through on their commitments.
- Show appreciation for my team. Acknowledge and appreciate the hard work and contributions. This can help to build morale and motivate everyone to continue working together effectively.